General Conditions for Use of COSTCO GAS STATION PREPAID CARD
Article 1 (Purpose of the General Conditions)
The General Conditions for Use (hereinafter referred to as “the Conditions”) stipulates the use of the COSTCO GAS STATION PREPAID CARD (“the Card” defined below) issued by Costco Wholesale Japan, Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”), and the holders of the COSTCO GAS STATION PREPAID CARD (“the Customers” defined below) shall have dealings according to the Conditions.
Article 2 (Definitions)
The definitions of the terms used in the Conditions shall be as follows unless defined separately.
(1) The Card
This is the card of the addition and subtraction type for advance payment issued by the Company with the functions for the deposit of money by converting the money value information into electronic data, and the payments for purchases with the deposited amount of money only in the gas stations attached to the Costco warehouses designated by the Company.
This is the person who has received the Card directly or indirectly from the Company and actually possesses the Card after understanding, agreement, and approval of all the contents of the provisions of the Conditions, and uses the Card according to the Conditions.
This is the generic term for the products sold in the stores accepting the Card (gasoline, diesel, kerosine, etc.).
(4) Stores accepting the Card
These are the gas stations attached to the Costco warehouses in Japan designated by the Company. For the specific place and information of the stores accepting the Card, please see the website of the Company described in the end of the Conditions.
This is the value equivalent to the currency money to be necessary for the Customer to claim the provision of products to the Company. The residual quantity of the value as of the day of the final use of the Card is hereinafter referred to as the “balance.”
(6) Use for purchase of products
This is the generic term for the actions of claiming the provision of products and receiving the products by presenting the Card with the balance necessary for the provision of the products to the store accepting the Card.
(7) Deposit of money
This is the action of increasing the balance of the Card by the method designated by the Company.
(8) Balance inquiries
This is the action of checking the balance of the Card by presenting the Card to the store accepting the Card, or by other methods designated by the Company.
This is the generic term for the actions of depositing money in the Card, checking the balance, and using the Card to purchase products.
Article 3 (Issue of the Card)
The Company shall issue the Card in the stores accepting the Card, and the Costco members shall be able to receive the Card. There will be no fee for the issue of the Card.
Article 4 (Precautions for the use of the Card)
1. The Card shall not be the Costco member’s card.
2. The Card alone shall not allow entry and shopping in Costco warehouses.
3. The Card shall be used only by Costco members within the expiration date in the gas stations attached to the Costco warehouses in Japan designated by the Company. If the Customer has lost the qualification for the Costco membership, he/she shall not be able to use the Card anymore and claim any repayment, refund, etc. to the Company for any reason.
4. It shall strictly be prohibited to resell the Card. However, the Card may be transferred for free (donated). The Card shall not be used by the persons who are not the Costco members.
5. It shall strictly be prohibited to falsify, counterfeit, or alter the Card.
Article 5 (Method of the deposit of money)
1. The deposit of money in the Card shall be done by the exclusive terminal for the prepaid card set in the Costco warehouses.
2. Costco members shall be able to deposit money in the Card by cash or the method of payment designated by the Company.
3. The amount of money of 1,000 yen or more may be deposited in one Card each time in increments of 1,000 yen.
4. The upper-limit amount of the value that can be accumulated in the Card shall be 49,000 yen each time, and up to 100,000 yen for each card.
Article 6 (Method of the purchase of products)
1. When purchasing products by the Card, the total amount of purchase of the products shall be deducted from the balance of the Card, producing the same effect as the payment by cash.
2. In the gas stations attached to the Costco warehouses, up to one Card may be used for each payment.
3. The minimum sales amount of fueling/oil filling shall be one liter. When the balance of the Card is less than the purchase amount for one liter, or 100 yen, the Card shall not be used for the purchase of products.
4. After using the Card for the purchase of products by any of the above methods, the Customer shall receive the receipt, the statement, or any other document designated by the Company (hereinafter referred to as “the receipt”), which indicates the value (equivalent to the total amount of purchase of products) reduced by the use of the Card, and the balance of the Card after the use of the Card, from the store accepting the Card, and confirm immediately that there is no mistake in the items described in the receipt. Unless the Customer informs of any mistakes when receiving the receipt, it shall be considered that the Customer has confirmed that there is no mistake in the items described in the receipt.
5. Even when the Customer has more than one Card, the balance of each Card shall not be able to be integrated into one Card.
Article 7 (Method of balance inquiries)
1. The Customer may check the balance of the Card by presenting the Card to the exclusive terminal unit for the prepaid card set in the Costco warehouses.
2. The Customer may also check the balance on the website designated by the Company. In this case, the 16-digit card number and the 6-digit PIN number described on the back of the Card (the 4-digit number will appear by rubbing the scratch-off portion lightly with a coin, etc. in case of a scratch-off type) shall be necessary.
■URL for the balance inquiries
＜For mobile phones＞
3. The Customer may check the record of the use as well as the balance of the Card on the website designated by the Company. However, for the convenience of the system, the record contents, and the number of the records to be displayed on the website shall be determined by the Company.
Article 8 (Refund)
1. The Card itself or the amount of the balance of the Card shall not be turned into money, repaid, or refunded, except in the following cases.
2. If the Company has decided to abolish the handling of the Card completely due to the change of the social situation, the establishment, the revision, or the abolition of related laws and regulations, etc., or any other reasons of the Company, the Customer may claim the refund of the balance of the Card to the Company. In this case, the Company shall check the balance of the Card according to the prescribed method, and based on the result, the Company shall refund the amount after collecting the Card.
Article 9 (Reissue)
1. When the Card has been lost or stolen, or it has been used by a third party without permission of the Customer, the functions of the Card shall not be stopped, there shall be no refund, or the Card shall not be reissued. Also when a problem has occurred in the use of the Card due to falsification, etc., there shall be no refund, or the Card shall not be reissued.
2. To avoid damaging the functions of the Card, please do not stain or fold the Card, or bring it close to magnetism.
3. When the Card has been damaged, or its necessary functions have been damaged, the Company shall issue a new card with the function for using the necessary amount of balance after collecting the Card at the discretion of the Company by the method prescribed by the Company as far as it is clear that the damage has not been caused by the intention or gross negligence of the Customer, and the magnetic information or the specific number described on the back of the Card is legible. In this case, the design and the attribute of the new Card shall be designated by the Company, and the Customer shall not make an objection against them.
Article 10 (Unauthorized acquisition, use, etc.)
1. In any of the following cases, the Company shall reject the use of the Card, and consider the Card itself as invalid. In this case, the Company shall claim the return of the Card to the Company, or be able to keep it if the Company already has it, and the Customer shall not be able to claim any refund, or the reissue or the replacement of the Card.
① When the Customer has acquired the Card by an unauthorized method, or has used or tried to use the Card while knowing that the Card has been acquired by an unauthorized method
② When the Card is falsified, counterfeited, or altered regardless of whether the Customer did that or not
③ When the Customer has violated the Conditions
④ When the Company has judged that the Card has been used by an unauthorized method
2. If the respective items prescribed in the preceding paragraphs are suspected, the Company shall be able to reject the use of the Card temporarily for research, and keep the Card.
Article 11 (Limitation on the expiration date for the use) [Important matters]
1. If the Card has not been used for one year from the next day after the final date of use of the Card, the Card shall become invalid. In this case, the Company shall not give a refund, etc. regardless of the existence or the amount of the balance of the Card. The Customer shall not be able to use the Card for which the expiration date for the use has passed, and claim any repayment, refund, etc. for any reason to the Company for the Card which has become invalid.
2. The Customer may check the date of the final use of the Card, and the expiration date of the Card by the method of balance inquiries prescribed in Article 7. When the balance has been checked before the expiration date of the use, the date of the final use shall be rewritten to the date of the balance inquiry.
3. The Customer shall pay enough attention to the expiration date of the Card at his/her own risk.
Article 12 (System maintenance, failure, etc.)
The Company takes all possible measures to ensure the design and the management of the system for the Card. However, all or part of the use of the Card may be stopped temporarily without notice in all or part of the stores accepting the Card, due to blackout, system failure, maintenance, measures for card counterfeiting, and other unavoidable circumstances. In this case, the Company shall assume no responsibility for any disadvantage and damage caused by the impossibility of the use of the Card.
Article 13 (Entrustment of the operations)
The Company may entrust the operations concerning the Card to a third party.
Article 14 (Prohibition of the setting of the security right such as the right of pledge, etc.)
1. The Customer shall not be able to set the security such as the right of pledge, etc. for the Card.
2. The Company shall not become involved in any troubles, etc. caused by the violation of the preceding paragraph by the Customer, or shall assume no responsibility for them.
Article 15 (Jurisdiction)
If a dispute over the use and the dealings according to the Conditions has occurred between the Customer and the Company, the Tokyo Summary Court, or the Tokyo District Court shall be the exclusive agreement jurisdictional court for the first trial.
Article 16 (Change of the Conditions)
1. The Conditions may be changed without notice to the Customer.
2. The Company discloses the Conditions on the Company’s website and in the stores accepting the Card, and when changing the Conditions, the Company shall show the changed Conditions on the Company’s website and in the stores accepting the Card, for the specified period.
3. When the Customer has used the Card after the change of the Conditions, it shall be considered that the Customer has agreed to the changed Conditions when using the Card.
The Conditions are the revision of the conditions which were applied from April 1, 2016 (including any revision afterwards), and they shall be applied from September 1, 2018.
《Contact for COSTCO GAS STATION PREPAID CARD》
Costco Wholesale Japan, Ltd.
5F, 3-1-4, Ikegamishincho, Kawasaki-ku, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa 210-0832, Japan
《Issuer of COSTCO GAS STATION PREPAID CARD》
Costco Wholesale Japan, Ltd.
5F, 3-1-4, Ikegamishincho, Kawasaki-ku, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa 210-0832, Japan